MS in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Fall course offerings
|G715 Biochemical Basis of Metabolic Disease (or B500, Intro Biochem)||3 credits|
|G716 Molecular Biology (or G865, Fundamental Molecular Biology)||3 credits|
|B890 Biochemistry Seminar||1 credit|
|B854 Research Rotations in Biochemistry||1 credit|
|G505 Ethics||1 credit|
|G828 Concepts in Biotechnology||2 credits|
|Spring course offerings|
|B890 Seminar in Biochemistry||1 credit|
|B855 Research in Biochemistry||6 credits|
|two of the following courses||4 credits|
|G807 Structural and Chemical Biology (2 cr)|
|G817 Cell Biology (2 cr)|
|G848 Bioinformatics (2 cr)|
|G852 Cancer Biology (2 cr)|
|G828 Concepts in Biotechnology (project development)||2 credits|
|Summer Research - B855 Research in Biochemistry||6 credits|
|Total Credit Hours||30 Credits|
- PART 1: Online Admissions Application [Personal Information including personal statement; Application Information; and Department Information]
- PART 1: Application Fee ($60 non-refundable fee) - Need valid credit card and its security code from the back of the card (CCV)
- PART 2: Official Transcripts
- PART 2: Three letters of recommendation
PART 1 INSTRUCTIONS Complete the online application at eApp – Online Admissions Application. Create an account if you are new to our application system and you do not already have a PIN by clicking on the "Create Account" button to the right. If you are a current or former IU student, you may use your login information to log in and some of your information will self-populate the application form.
- Personal Information
- Application Information
- Department Information
- Type of degree: Masters
- Academic Program: Biochemistry (IU Graduate School)
- Academic Plan: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology MS Track
- Are you applying to a dual degree program: No
- Term: select the appropriate term, Fall
- Enter all of your score categories (e.g. for GRE include verbal, quantitative, and analytical).
You may save your responses and return to the application at a later time by using your SAME PIN and PASSWORD. To protect your application responses, please save your work often. At the bottom of each page are three buttons: "previous page", "save", and "next page". Click on "save" if you would like to save your work and complete the application at a later date. To log out, click the Logoff button at the top right corner of the page. NOTE: To submit your application you must pay the application fee using a valid credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA) and then click "SUBMIT". Wait until the screen refreshes and notifies you that your application is submitted.
Send an e-mail to the Master’s Program Director in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Dr. Mark Goebl; firstname.lastname@example.org) to indicate that you have submitted an online application. In addition, official transcripts and letters of reference need to be provided to the Master’s Program Director (see PART 2 INSTRUCTIONS below). GRE scores must be submitted directly to IUPUI by the testing agency.
- GRE Scores - taken within the past 5 years; Institution Code: 1325 (Indiana Univ. - Purdue Univ. Indianapolis)
- GRE scores must be submitted directly to IUPUI by the testing agency
- MCAT Scores - taken within the past 2 years; AMCAS Code: 129 (Indiana University School of Medicine)
- Proof of English proficiency for students who have not obtained a post-secondary degree from a predominantely English Speaking Country (TOEFL scores or other acceptable tests)
- How long and in what capacity do you know the applicant?
- How many students have you known at this level.
- What is the applicant's intellectual potential; ability to plan and conduct research; creativity and originality; knowledge in chosen field; ability to work independently and with a team; maturity; motivation for graduate study; writing ability; oral expression; integrity; and overall potential for graduate work in biomedical sciences.
- U.S. permanent residents must submit an official copy of their USCIS Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
- International applicants must mail an official transcript (and mark sheet if applicable), including both the native language and the English translation versions (electronic versions are not acceptable), and TOEFL scores.
5. Mail documents to:
Professor, Master’s Program Director
Indiana University School of Medicine
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Van Nuys Medical Science Building, Room 4071
635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202